- For the Guacamole:
- 2 ripe Avocados from Mexico, halved, pitted, peeled and mashed
- 1 small red, ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt Juice of one lime
- 1 jalapeno, stem and seeds removed, finely diced (optional)
- For the Burgers:
- 2 pounds ground sirloin, formed into four patties
- 1 teaspoon steak seasoning
- 4 hamburger buns
- 4 1-ounce slices cheddar cheese
- Green leaf lettuce
- 2 ripe, red tomatoes, sliced
- 1 small onion, peeled and thinly sliced
Prepare the guacamole:
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the avocado, tomato, cilantro, lime juice, salt and jalapeno. Stir to combine and then set aside while preparing the burgers.
Prepare the burgers:
- Season each patty with steak seasoning on both sides before cooking. You can use a skillet, grill pan, or a grill over high heat to cook your burgers to desired degree of doneness.
- When the burgers are almost finished cooking, toast the buns in a toaster oven, a dry skillet, or on the grill.
- Assemble the burgers by layering the bottom half of each bun with leaves of lettuce, a burger patty, a slice of cheese, slices of onion, and slices of tomato. Top with a generous scoop of guacamole, and cover with bun.