- 1 piece whole Cuban bread or baguette
- 1 pound cooked sliced ham
- 1 pound roasted sliced pork
- 1/2 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1 cup of sliced pickles
- 3 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 Avocado From Mexico skinless and pitted, mashed
- Preheat the griddle or frying pan over medium heat. Cut the bread in half lengthwise (the length of the Cuban sandwich is usually 10-inch). Spread the mustard on one of the halves of bread.
- Then put a layer of pickles, a layer of slices of ham, a layer of pork and Swiss cheese. In the other half of bread spread the mashed avocado.
- Cover the griddle or skillet with butter or cooking spray. Place the sandwich on the hot surface.Try to flatten it the most you can by putting a dish or heavy skillet on top of the sandwich.
- Leave the pan or dish on top of the sandwich for two to three minutes. Then turn the sandwich over and repeat this step for the other side. Make sure that the cheese is melted and bread is golden brown.
- Cut the sandwich in half diagonally and serve immediately.